Trekking Peak in Nepal
the most amazing mountainous amphitheaters of the world and near to the
Annapurna South is the beautiful peak Hiunchuli. It is a treat for the dare
devils as the route to the peak is not well defined, and trekkers have to
experiment on their own.
The Route Map
||Annapurna Region of Nepal
||6441m (21,131 feet)
||Annapurna Himal, Gandaki
|Nearest Major Airport
||Kathmandu (Minor at Pokhara)
|Best Time for Trek
||July to October
Here is a chance to get the real taste of adventure. Though expert climbers
do not consider Hiunchuli peak as a difficult trek, the expedition route is
the most complicated and experimental as well. The following is a possible
day-to-day route map to the peak:
Faces to the Hiunchuli Peak Trek
South-east Face Route
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu
- Day 02: Sightseeing around of the Kathmandu valley.
- Day 03: Flight: Kathmandu - Pokhara.
Drive to Nayapul (1 hr). Trek to Syaulibazar (4 hrs). Camp.
- Day 04: Trek Syaulibazar to Ghandrung. (4 hrs). Camp.
- Day 05: Trek Ghandrung to Tadapani (5 hrs). Camp.
- Day 06: Trek Tadapani to Chhomrong (5-6 hrs). Camp.
- Day 07: Rest Day at Chhomrong. Camp.
- Day 08: Trek Chhomrong to Bamboo (4 hrs). Camp.
- Day 09: Trek Bamboo to Himalayan Hotel (4 hrs). Camp.
- Day 10: Trek to Machhapuchre Base Camp (3,700m) (4 hrs). Camp.
- Day 11: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) (2 hrs). Camp.
- Day 12: Rest / Exploration Day at the Base Camp.
- Day 13: Trek to Hinko Cave (Base Camp).
- Day 14: Rest / Exploration Day around the Base Camp.
- Day 15: Trek to High Camp.
- Day 16: Make to summit of Hiunchuli (6,441 m / 21,131 ft). Return to
- Day 17: Trek back to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3,700m) (7 hrs). Camp.
- Day 18: Trek back to Himalayan Hotel (5 hrs). Camp.
- Day 19: Trek Himalayan Hotel to Chhomrong (6-7 hrs). Camp.
- Day 20: Trek Chhomrong to Tadapani (5 hrs). Camp.
- Day 21: Trek Tadapani to Ghorepani (4 hrs). Camp.
- Day 22: Hike up to Poon Hill early morning for the stunning mountain
Trek to Hile (5 hrs). Camp.
- Day 23: Trek Hile to Nayapul (3 hrs).
Drive to Pokhara. Free to explore. Hotel.
- Day 24: Flight: Pokhara - Kathmandu. Hotel Overnight.
- Day 25: Free day to explore and enjoy Kathmandu.
- Day 26: Final Departure.
Base camp route begins from Hinku Cave on the Annapurna Sanctuary trail.
After establishing the first camp somewhere above the valley floor, two
camps are established further to make it to the top. Trekkers on this route
can become victim of rock fall and dangers.
North-West Face Route
This route commences from Pokhara valley and proceeds slowly towards
Annapurna Base camp located at the height of 4300m. It is followed by a day
kept for acclimatization. Annapurna Base camp is also known as the Hiunchuli
Base camp. Three to four days are kept for the ascent of this peak. After
this trekkers can move to Pokhara valley.