Patthar peak, (5545m, 18193ft) offers the most accessible point to view
Mount Everest from base camp to peak. While on the summit of Kala Patthar,
you can have 360-degree panorama of mountain peaks including Ama Dablam,
Kantenga, Nuptse, Thamserku, Kantenga, Pumo Ri and Changtse. Mount Lhotse
can also be viewed from Kala Patthar. Kala Patthar trekking peak seems like
a big brown bump , below the impressive southern Pumori (7161m,23459ft).
||5545m (18192 ft)
|Nearest Major Airport
|Best Months for Climb
||March to April and October to December
Trek to Mount Kala Patthar begins at Gorakshep (5,181m), the original base
camp for Mount Everest. After a short descent to an ancient lake bed, the
trek makes its way vertically to the mountain range. The trek route becomes
steeper till it reaches the wind-swept summit ridge. Reaching the top would
not take more time now. Time required for the ascent is 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla. Trek to Phakding.
- Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar.
- Day 03: Acclimatization day and hikes around Namche.
- Day 04: Trek to Thame village.
- Day 05: Trek to Khunde-Khumjung village.
- Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche monastery.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche.
- Day 08: Acclimatization day and hike to Chukung
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche.
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp. Overnight at Gorakshep
- Day 11: Morning trek to Kala Pattar Everest View Point.
Afternoon trek to Lobuche.
- Day 12: Trek to Dzongla below Cho La pass.
- Day 13: Trek over Cho La pass to Dragnag.
- Day 14: Trek to Gokyo Lake.
- Day 15: Day trek to Gokyo Ri view point.
- Day 16: Trek to Dole.
- Day 17: Trek to Namche.
- Day 18: Trek to Monjo.
- Day 19: Trek to Lukla.
- Day 20: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu.
This mountainous expedition through the land of Sherpas seems to put a
stiff challenge before the trekkers. Those who love to trek high-altitude
mountains would like to Mount Kala Patthar. Trekkers who desire to soak in
complete view of Mt. Everest, from basecamp to the summit, go for this trek.
One can experience marvellous landscape and intriguing culture of the
mountain region during this trek. Views of Mt. Everest from Kala Patthar are
fascinating, to be least said.